1. Stay with Commander at all cause, even if that includes jumping off the cliff. Do not chase strays or wander off if you’re running with the zerg.
2. Do not back off from a fight unless the Commander yells Retreat! It’s a game and no one dies in the battlefield. At the end of the night, we shut the computer off, kiss our wife or misses good night.
3. Only upgrade towers and supply camp that the server intend to keep. Or you’ll end up wasting your karma and gold.
4. Always have supply and basic sieges (arrow carts, ballista, rams, and catapults) in hand. Learn proper siege placement from the next section.
5. Avoid taking supply from home keep or Stonemist Castle unless it’s necessary on a rare occasion. Always try to steal supply from your enemies (via flipping supply camp or strip from captured keep/towers)
6. When capping towers/keeps always stay and protect sieges at all cause.
7. Always destroy enemy’s tower/keep defenses before placing siege. Example, destroy burning oil before placing rams. Canons and mortars have to go as well. Placing an arrow cart before rams can make a huge difference.
8. If you’re capturing an empty tower/keep, guard the sides and prevent enemy from entering the tower. They’ll make your life a lot harder once they enter the tower.
9. Be smart and direct the fight to your advantage. Stay within friendly arrow cart and siege range, control the high ground, use choke points. Do not rush into supply camp that just been flipped by the enemy when 3 min buff is still in effect.
10. Respect the dead. Never laugh, dance or jump on dead bodies. You may pay your respect by bowing.
I think arrow cart mastery would be my first choice. In the past, arrow cart seems rather useless (low damage) but with the new patch it does crazy damage. You can stop a zerg of 20 raming at the gate with just one arrow cart and gives sufficient time for reinforcements to arrive.
Any other seige weapon mastery is a fair choice as well. I tend to put off abilities that can be make up by better play skill or changing armor set i.e increase damage agaisnt guard, or reduce damage from seige, etc